Frequently Asked Questions
- How old do I have to be before I can obtain a permit?
- Do I have to have a permit to take the 5-Hour Course?
- When do you offer the 5-Hour Course?
- How much is the 5-Hour Course? Coupons may not be used with online pricing or package deals.*
- Do I have to take driving lessons?
- Is your school certified as well as the instructors?
- Do you offer the 6-Hour Defensive Driving Course?
- How much is the 6-Hour Course?
- Do I need a license or permit to take the 6-Hour Course?
- If I have a license, how does the 6-Hour Course work?
- How often may I take the 6-Hour Course?
- Where is your main office?
- What are your hours?
- Do you have a customer service department?
- How many people work at Branch's?
- Do you rent cars for the road test?
- When was Branch's started?
- Do you have air-conditioning in the cars?
- May I pay-by-phone?
- What credit cards do you accept?
1. How old do I have to be before I can obtain a permit?
In New York State you must be at least 16 years old.
2. Do I have to have a permit to take the 5-Hour Course?
Yes, New York State requires you to have a valid learners permit.
3. When do you offer the 5-Hour Course?
7-days a week - everyday at different locations.
4. How much is the 5-Hour Course?
Normally, it is $40. You may print a coupon or pay online and save more
5. Do I have to take driving lessons?
No, however, we recommend you take driving lessons to improve your skills. New York State suggests that you have approximately 50 hours of practice, if you are 16 or 17, with 15 hours being night driving time. You may want to have some of those hours with a professional driving school, such as Branch's, which is certified by New York State.
6. Is your school certified as well as the instructors?
Yes, we have to be certified with New York State, and the National Safety Council, the driving school and the instructors. Our instructors are fingerprinted also for driver's ed through the New York State Education department!
7. Do you offer the 6-Hour Defensive Driving Course?
Yes, we offer the National Safety Council Course 7 -days a week. This course is valid in many states other than New York.
8. How much is the 6-Hour Course?
Normally, $55. You may print our coupon or pay online and save more. Pay online and safe $10.00.
9. Do I need a license or permit to take the 6-Hour Course?
No, you may take it for your own education.
10. If I have a License, how does the 6-Hour Course work?
After completion of the course you will receive 10% off your auto insurance as well as up to 4 points may be reduced from your driving record.
11. How often may I take the 6-Hour Course?
As often as you like. However, you may take it within 3 years for insurance reduction as well as 18 months for point reduction.
12. Where is your main office?
We are located next door to the famous Dinosaur Restaurant on 300 West Genesee St.Suite #2, Syracuse, NY 13202
13. What are your hours?
We are open Monday - Friday 8:30AM to 7:00PM and Saturday 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Sundays at the Sheraton Hotel 8:30am to 1:30pm.
14. Do you have a Customer Service Department?
Yes, if you would like to send us feedback (positive, negative or suggestions) please send to: 300 West Genesee St, Syracuse, NY 13202 - Attn: Branch's Driving School, Inc. Customer Service Department.
15. How many people work at Branch's?
We have a well trained and dedicated staff of over 20 people.
16. Do you rent cars for the road test?
Yes, please call us to schedule your appointment or reserve a car. * Lesson may be required first.
17. When was Branch's started?
In April of 1963. We are celebrating over 46years of service to Syracuse and Central New York.
18. Do you have air conditioning in the cars?
Yes, all the cars have air conditioning.
19. May I pay by phone?
Yes, contact our main office at (315) 478-2446 and they will take care of you.
20. What credit cards do you accept?
Visa, MasterCard, Discover & Debit Cards / Check cards / American Express